Archive for December, 2009

December 7, 2009

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

To resolve above mentioned error while opening any of hyperlinks in Ms Excel, Outlook, etc just follow this step :

For Windows XP (Service Pack 1 and higher)

* Click Start, Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs
* Click Set Program Access and Defaults
* Click Custom
* Under Choose a default Web browser, select Internet Explorer
* Click OK

For Windows Vista

* Click Start, and click Default Programs
* Click Set program access and computer defaults
* Click Custom, select Internet Explorer and click OK
* Close and re-open Microsoft Outlook

Advertisements
December 3, 2009

Service Unavailable and SharePoint Error: Some or all identity references could not be translated

Currently i was working with some BizTalk test projects using a Virtual Machine installed with Windows 2003. I have installed BizTalk 2006 in the same machine in which i was doing some SharePoint projects. For me to install BizTalk 2006 i had to install DNS and the Active Directory. Prior to installing this BizTalk, SharePoint was working fine without giving me any headache.

After installing BizTalk it started to give me problems when i tried to access the SharePoint Central Administration. It prompted me for Service Unavailable error, Grr rrrr (at that time i was thinking if i need to redo these things again such as installing windows 2003 in a new virtual machine, after that installing DNS, installing Active Directory, installing MOSS 2009 and installing BizTalk 2009 – it will waste my time for sure).

So i know it was due to the installation of the Active Directory and i had to reset the permission in Application Pools in IIS (go to IIS, browse Application Pools and select your Application => right click and go to properties => from there select the Identity Tab and change the User Name and accordingly change the password.

image

Once its over when i tried to browse for SharePoint sites another error was prompting me saying “Some or all identity references could not be translated” (Hard Luck). So i was searching to resolve this problem. so Finally the utility STSADM was there to help us. You can find this tool under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN and just execute this command by replacing the proper login with the domain name followed by the password.

"stsadm.exe -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin domainname\username –password yourpassword "

image

Once you executed the above command please make sure to do iisreset –noforce

Hurray!!! now everything works fine without any hassle. Hassle free of life.

Make sure to re-run the SharePoint Products and Technologies wizard once the above said steps are finished.

image

guys for more information please refer this URLs:

http://www.neilrichards.net/blog/?p=73

http://coolsubhash-tech.blogspot.com/2007/05/some-or-all-identity-references-could.html

http://www.keirgordon.com/post/SharePoint-Server-Error-Some-or-all-identity-references-could-not-be-translated.aspx

December 2, 2009

Failed to add resource(s). Resource () is already in store and is either associated with another application or with another type

image

when i was working with biztalk orchestration, there was an error prompted at the time when i did the deployment : “

Error 1 Failed to add resource(s). Resource (-Type=”System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly” -Luid=”BizTalkServerTestProjectAmmar, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dda761d103beeac0″) is already in store and is either associated with another application or with another type. 0 0 “

I thought we should just deploy the way that we are doing with other applications. But when researched about this if we didn’t specify any value for the Application Name in the Deployment properties page, then VS used to deploy the orchestration in BizTalk Server named with BizTalk Application 1.

image

To overcome the above said error i had to remove the resource file located under Resources folder as below:

image

once its done, the orchestration was deployed in the BizTalk Server successfully. 🙂

To avoid this in future, set explicitly deployment target application in the Visual Studio project properties by: right click – Configuration properties – Deployment – Application Name.